Business & Finance Manager
O’Neal Builders is a custom home builder for Central Illinois, specializing in “executive level” homes. O’Neal Builders is a very dynamic and forward thinking company with excellent growth potential to the new hire. We specialize in delivering an outstanding product coupled with extraordinary customer service. Attention to detail and a “can-do” attitude will greatly contribute to the success of new hire. Portico Homes, LLC is a subsidiary of O’Neal Builders and specializes in fresh affordable new construction homes. Together, O’Neal Builders and Portico Homes are managed in a central location located in Normal IL. All responsibilities listed below apply to both O’Neal Builders and Portico Homes.
As a Business & Finance Manager, position is responsible for day-to-day business activities to include but not limited to; daily financial tasks such as A/P and A/R, monthly and annual financial reporting and budgeting, processing of construction payouts, financial forecasting and projections, budgeting and business strategy, customer care and warranty management, and other duties as assigned that contribute to the profitability and operational success of both companies.
- Prepare bills and manage collection of dues as well as all accounts payable activities for jobs under construction as well as overhead operational expenses.
- Work with title companies and banks to process construction payouts in a timely manner with high level of accuracy.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements for all entities. This includes but not limited to Profit & Loss statements (income statement), Balance sheet, Job Variance tracking log, Warranty tracking log, Sales tracking log.
- In conjunction with the President, develop and maintain an ongoing budget for both companies, and identify significant variances that require corrective action.
- Reconcile bank and loan statements.
- Prepare monthly dashboard reports which encompass an overview of the following activities; financial, sales, warranty and sales & marketing.
- Administer company’s insurance plans and overall risk management program.
- Works with the President of the Company to create an annual operating budget and business plan/strategy for O’Neal Builders and Portico Homes.
- Attend and participate in regular management meetings for all Senior Managers.
- Work with the purchasing committee to review, qualify and hire trade partners.
- In collaboration with Project Managers, maintain a construction schedule for all projects under construction. Send out weekly job status reports/updates to vendors and trades.
- Work with Estimating & Purchasing Manager and Product Selections Coordinator to process Change Orders and Purchase Orders in a timely manner.
- Manage overall business operations and activities.
PREREQUISITES FOR SUCCESS:
- Candidate should have a bachelor degree, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance.
- Strong attention to detail, especially in the financial and accounting realm.
- Ideal candidate will have background in any of the following areas: accounting, finance, customer service, or general business administration.
- Ideal candidate will have experience and proficient in any of the following computer programs: Microsoft Excel, Quick Books and Microsoft Word (emphasis on advanced Excel skills highly desired).
- Possess a “can-do” attitude with a willingness to learn.
HOW TO APPLY:
To learn more about this position, or to apply, please submit your resume via email to email@example.com